At Innovative Window Treatments, we’re experts in window treatments that are safe for children and pets. As a family owned business and parents ourselves, the safety of our customers and their families is a top priority. For years, we’ve helped customers select safe and stylish window treatments.
Since 1995, the window treatment industry has been focused on reducing the threat of injury to children posed by looped window treatments. Converting to newer window treatments or retrofitting your old ones is critically important to the safety of the young children and even pets in your home. We carry a variety of child-safe window coverings, including many cordless and motorized styles.
Are Your Window Coverings Safe?
Contact us for a free in-home consultation for new child and pet safe window treatments. If you’re not ready to replace your existing window treatments right now, take these steps to make sure your existing blinds and shades are safe:
- Replace all window treatments with cords, including window blinds, corded shades and corded draperies manufactured before 2001. More recently produced window coverings include safety features such as loop control, cordless operation, wand pull, and motorization that don’t require cords.
- Be particularly conscious of the window coverings in children’s bedrooms and play areas. Even with safe window coverings, move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys that be climbed on away from windows, preferably to another wall
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords away from out of the reach of children. Keep tassel pull cords short, and make sure continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall. Ensure that cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- When horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, ensure cords are locked into position.
- Use safety features such as cord cleats and tensioning devices to improve the safety of your window treatments.
Visit the Window Covering Safety Council website for more information about child-safe window treatments.
Child and Pet Safe Window Treatments in Westfield, Summit NJ Area
Innovative Window Treatments, we’re making innovation and window fashions affordable. We proudly serve the areas around Cranford, Chatham, and Cranbury, NJ, as well as the Jersey Shore including all of Monmouth County. We’re looking forward to working with you!